So this is a quick recap of the gear that worked well for me in Vermont and gear that didn’t live up to it’s promise….
Gear That Worked:
- GermX: 62% ethyl alcohol suspended in a gel. Awesome for sanitizing your hands before taking your contacts out in your tent!
- Campsuds: A nice biodegradable detergent you can use on your hands, hair, dishes, whatever without worry.
- Gerber Entrenching Tool: Great for burying the sh!t your neighbor’s dog takes next to your tent first thing in the morning!
- Folbot Cooper: Great, great boat. Outpaddled and outshined every hardshell kayak I encountered on Lake Champlain.
- Sea2Summit Cordura Stuff Sacks: Great for organizing all those small but essential items and tools!
- Weber Portable Charcoal Grill: Fantastic for car camping! So much easier than cooking over the fire or dealing with a gas grill!
- Harmony GPS Drybag: Great at protecting my GPS receiver while allowing easy access to the controls at anytime.
- Nalgene 1L Bottle: Duuuuuh!
Gear That Wasn’t So Great:
- TrailSling: Great to sit on…if your only seating option is jagged rocks for miles around!
- Creekside Hammock: Not bad, but way too easy to knock the fabric sheet off the hangers and fall out!